Data Subject Information
Information for data subjects (recipients of "fair processing" notices) - Frequently Asked Questions
Table of Contents
- What Personal Information do you process?
- How does Rhetorik source Personal Information?
- How long does Rhetorik keep my Personal Information?
- What are my rights as a Data Subject?
- Is Rhetorik’s notification an unsolicited marketing email?
1. What Personal Information do you process?
You might have been contacted via email or phone and you would have been presented with a note that aims to ensure all our respondents are aware that their Personal Information is processed by Rhetorik.
Personal Information includes: First Name, Last Name, Company, Office Address, Business Phone Numbers (switchboard, direct dial, mobile), Email Addresses, Job Title, Job Function, Education, Skills, Employment-related information and Social Media URL.
This information supports our customers and us to maintain your Company (Corporate) Technology Profile and be able to understand how an organization deploys technology and services for the achievement of key business missions. We collaborate with organisations such as business technology and services providers, vendors, manufacturers and recruiters who license and access our insights and our intelligence in order to conduct research, market evaluations and direct marketing activities to enhance their execution and knowledge related to their market and product.
Rhetorik processing of Personal Information includes automated processing which assigns technology Purchasing Responsibility for Decision Makers, Influencers and Buyers.
2. How does Rhetorik source Personal Information
Businesses like yours have participated in our marketing research for the past 20 years – during which time we have created a unique repository of Company Technology Profiles and related Organization staff information.
Rhetorik collects Personal Information from multiple sources, which may include websites, government records and other publicly available sources, third party data providers, through telephone-based research interviews, or modelled or inferred from this data.
Rhetorik takes great pride in ensuring that all our data research and collection efforts are of the highest standards.
Once Personal Information is linked to a specific Corporate Profile, a “fair processing”notice is issued via email to inform the data subject that some Personal Information is being processed by Rhetorik.
Personal Information linked to a specific Corporate Profile is reviewed on a regular basis and notice is refreshed on a 18-months cycle.
3. How long does Rhetorik keep my Personal information?
Personal Information is linked to a specific Company Profile for as long as the information is valid and accurate.
When an Organization staff member (data subject) is no longer active at a specific Company, we archive the information.
Following a suppression request, the Personal Information is moved to the suppression list related to the specific Company, for the performance of our legal obligation.
4. What are my rights as a Data Subject?
Under Data Protection Legislation every Data Subject has the right to:
- Ensure that Personal Information is up to date and correct – please notify us of any spelling or other changes that we should make to your Personal Information.
- Ensure that the Personal Information processed is not excessive – for example, we only process personal information linked to your professional life.
- Request a copy of the information: we will send you a copy of the Personal Information we process about you. Please click the link below to access the personal data request form.
- Request to not use your email information: if you prefer to keep your email anonymous, please let us know via the link and form below.
- Request not to share any Personal Information related to you – please let us know via the link and form below, and a member of our Research team will be in contact to validate your interest and request.
5. Is Rhetorik's notification an unsolicited marketing email?
No. Under Article 14 and Recital 58 of the GDPR, all Data Controllers who process Personal Data that are not directly collected from the Data Subject must notify the Data Subject in writing to ensure transparency.
Our email is a legal “fair processing” notice, which does not contain any marketing information nor sales message. Therefore, even in EU countries where B2B email marketing requires “opt-in”, Rhetorik can send this legal notice via email to ensure compliance with GDPR and transparency.